A recent Forbes magazine article reported why working from home is becoming more and more attractive to the work force. Even doctors (radiologists and home based physicians) are going home to do their jobs. The key attractants are flexibility and lower stress especially older workers (age 50+) who want to work at home because:
- They may be caring for older parents at home and want to be in the home to supervise them.
- They want to save money on commuting fees (parking, gas, etc), wear and tear on cars, work wardrobes, lunches.
- They don’t want to compete with younger generation co-workers and bosses.
As such, here are some of the top jobs that can be done from home with median per week salary:
1. Physician consultants, radiologists: Median salary $1,975
2. Computer software engineer: Median salary $1,549
3. Finance Managers: Median salary $1,227
4. Post secondary teachers online courses: Median salary $1,166
5. Marketing/Research Surveyors: Median salary $1,162
6. Registered nurses (consultant, records review): Median salary $1,055
7. Public Relations Specialist: Median salary $1,126
8. Writers/Authors/Copywriters: Median salary $987
9. Tax Preparer: Median salary $1,061
10. Graphic designers: Median salary $890
Many employers also offer health insurance to their at-home employees as well. Employers like to hire at-home employees for many different jobs, as at-home workers are self-motivated, disciplined and often work harder and are very productive.
How do you find a work at home job? Many websites cater to “telecommute” or “remote” employees looking for companies who hire at-home workers. A good company to check out is Virtual Vocations website.